This policy describes our privacy practices in connection with our services. We provide our services to organizations who purchase our services for their students or other end users in their care to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. Our use of your information is governed by our enterprise customer agreement with your organization. To learn about how your organization handles and shares your personal information, we encourage you to read your organization’s privacy statement or student handbook, or to contact the organization directly.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT WE COLLECT
To use Mareedi, we will ask you to share personal information with us. We may also receive information from your organization, and collect certain health, technical, and usage information from your computer or mobile device.
- Registration and contact information: We use your name, email address, date of birth and phone number to set up and validate your user account, to communicate with you, and to prevent abuse of the platform. We may also send you emails about Mareedi – you can choose to opt out of any marketing emails by following the instructions at the bottom of the email, but we may still send you some important emails, such as to respond to a question, feedback, or request you send us.
- Health and biometric information: Through your use of Mareedi, you may choose to submit health information about yourself, such as your age, as well as your pre-existing conditions, symptoms, COVID-19 test status and diagnosis, and treatment details. Using the app, you will also be able to submit certain biometric measurements about yourself, including your heart rate and respiratory information.
- Bluetooth information: We may use your device’s Bluetooth signals to determine how crowded certain locations are across campus. You choose whether to share your Bluetooth information, and can always revoke the app’s access to your Bluetooth data in your device settings, but some features of the app may not function if the app can't access that data.
- User activity: We collect user activity data (like how you interact with the app, what times you use the app, what kind of device you have, etc.) for analysis to improve our services and your user experience.
- Customer support information. We will store the information you provide when you contact us with questions or feedback or otherwise correspond with our customer support personnel, and information about your use of our services.
- Device, technical and usage Information: When you access Mareedi, we collect information about your mobile device or computer system, including MAC address, IP address and mobile device ID. We also generate usage statistics about your interactions with Mareedi. This information is typically collected through the use of server log files or web log files, mobile device software development kits and tracking technologies like browser cookies to analyze certain types of technical information. Some of the cookies Mareedi places on your computer are linked to your user ID number. When you respond to communications we send you, we may use automated technology to understand how you interact with the communications. You can usually remove or reject browser cookies through the settings on your browser or device. At this time we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include ”do not track” instructions.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information:
- For internal business purposes that are necessary, reasonable, or appropriate to maintain and improve our services, including to train our algorithms.
- To communicate with you about our services, including to respond to inquiries, complaints, and requests for support.
- To analyze the information we collect through cookies and other tracking technologies to help us improve our function and to modify the services and information that we provide.
- For fraud prevention and legal compliance, including to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities, and enforce our Terms of Service.
We may also use your contact information to send you marketing communications about Mareedi products and services that you may be interested in.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information:
- With your organization for its COVID-19 response and containment efforts. To learn about how your organization handles your personal information, we encourage you to read your organization’s privacy statement or student handbook, or to contact the organization directly.
- With government, law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, when we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable law; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the platform; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR INFORMATION
We will retain all information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
CREATION OF ANONYMOUS DATA FOR ANALYTICS
We may create anonymous, aggregate or de-identified data from personal information. We make personal information into anonymous, aggregate or de-identified data by excluding information that makes the data personally identifiable to individuals, and use that anonymous, aggregate or de-identified data for our lawful business purposes.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect against unauthorized access, misuse, loss, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information we maintain. Unfortunately, data transmission over the Internet cannot be guaranteed as completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information. In the event that we are required to notify you about a situation involving your data, we may do so by email or telephone to the extent permitted by law.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Application. You can stop all collection of information by the app by uninstalling it. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- Access or correct your information. You may request to review and update the information we maintain about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
- Opt out of Bluetooth tracking. If you initially consented to the collection of Bluetooth information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. Please note, however, that if you withdraw consent to our collection of Bluetooth information, you may no longer be able to use some features of the app.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all or portions of our services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
- Marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by clicking on a link at the bottom of each such email. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Do-Not-Track. Some web browsers transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is currently no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. Mareedi currently does not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, Mareedi may revise its policy on responding to these signals.
Mareedi is not directed towards individuals under the age of 13, and we do not intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 13. Furthermore, we do not intentionally allow visitors under the age of 13 to register for the app. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at: 8 The Green, STE #6766 Dover, DE 19901
Mareedi is headquartered in the United States and may have service providers in other countries, and your personal information may be transferred to and accessed from the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
Feel free to contact us with your questions, requests, comments, or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org.